Atheism conversion will lead to a belief in evolution. So even attempted conversions to atheism prove evolution is a religion. And here are some examples:
This belief dates way back even before Darwin. Back to Egyptian time and Egyptian gods (link).Evolution in Egyptian religion
Other creation myths depicted creation as proceeding from out or primordial chaos, or from a primordial slime, which had eight elements, namely matter and space, darkness and obscurity, the illimitable and the boundless and the hidden and concealed). The annual flooding by the Nile, leading to new life, may lie behind this mythology.
1) Primordial chaos = Big bang.
2) Primordial slime = Abiogeneisis.
So basically, the idea of evolution is really a Pagan creation belief. This is why evolution competes with religion so well, because it is a religion itself. Now how did this idea, that has Pagan roots, get into Darwin’s head? Darwin had a degree in theology. Which means he had to learn about Pagan beliefs as well as the Christian ones. So he had that Pagan idea in his mind when he boarded the ship named the Beagle. He read Charles Lyell’s book on the geologic column. He then saw the animals on Galapagos Island and his new founded idea started to look like that it makes sense. Problem was, it still has it’s roots in Paganism. And pure science would in no way conflict with religion, but evolution does and the reason why is clear.
So here is what we have so far:
1) Evolution idea from animals to man can be traced back to Egyptian pagan religions.
2) Darwin had a degree in theology which means he knew about Egyptian Pagan religions.
3) A believer has to totally give up his belief in God to 100% believe in evolution. True science needs no conversion from religion.
4) Evolutionists and atheists, often surf the web trying to see who they can convert (evangelism) from the Christian belief.
5) Evolutionists often get together on blogs, forums, etc… To discuss ways to convert more Christians to evolution. Basically discussing evangelism among like minds in what can be considered a ministry for evolution.
The Theory of Evolution has all the earmarks of being a religion. No other non-evolution theory in science has this. Which tells us a lot.
Does the Bible mention evolution (indirectly) and the people who believe it?
Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
deut 32:18 Of the Rock that begat thee thou art unmindful, and hast forgotten God that formed thee.
Here is a list of some theories, and if they require a person to totally convert from God in order to believe them:
1. Atomic theory does not require conversion.
2. The Theory of Matter and Energy does not require conversion.
3. The Cell Theory does not require conversion.
4. The Germ Theory does not require conversion.
5. The Theory of Plate Tectonics does not require conversion.
6. The Theory of Evolution does require conversion to totally believe it.
Are any of those theories, besides evolution, currently being used to convert people?
Example: Does an atheist go to a blog or forum trying to use the Atomic theory to convert someone to atheism?