Evolutionist try to use the fused chromosome #2 argument for proving evolution. I will use their own video to explain from a man who “claims” to be a theist and at the end of the video will try to use guilt as to the reason you should believe as he does.
1) Now notice that the whole argument is based on the assumption that evolution has already been proven. In other words, an implied absolute. This chromosome #2 has to support evolution and nothing else. That is what he is basically saying. But remember, “all” theories have to remain falsifiable.
2) He also bases the evidence on the assumption that the chromosome was apart at one time. How can he prove the chromosome was ever apart to begin with so that it could be fused? Only under the assumption that evolution is a true proven fact (implied absolute).
3) He then reads from a paper that agrees with him and his conclusion. Does words from a paper prove this?
4) And as usual, He cannot show us “any observable process” showing this happening, which by the way would make his claims empirical.
5) And at the end he sums it up as either God did it this way, or He’s lying. And if you believe God did not do it this way, then you are calling God a liar.
6) Also we have the placement difference of chromosomes between humans and primates. The chromosome #2 in humans they claimed fused is chromosome #13 in primates. This is details they leave out on purpose because their evidence is based more on selling the idea of evolution then proving it.The reason they left this out is because people who have a little knowledge about things would figure out that it’s more than a simple fusion taking place. It’s moving of information 20% (11 steps) away from where it originally was. So that’s a lot more change than what;s implied. This is why Ken Miller pushes so hard to close the deal in convincing the viewer by saying what he did in #5 example. Actual truth does not have to be sold, it prove itself on it’s on merits.
But let’s look at an example of what changing the number of chromosome can do. Down Syndrome (link) is caused by the presence of an extra chromosome. You see the evolutionists are betting that you won’t go do the research to find if what they claim about evolution is true. And what we find about doing anything with the chromosomes that is different from the norm causes all kinds of problems including death.
When the chromosome’s structure is altered. This can take several forms:
1) Deletions: A portion of the chromosome is missing or deleted. Known disorders in humans include Wolf-Hirschhorn syndrome, which is caused by partial deletion of the short arm of chromosome 4; and Jacobsen syndrome, also called the terminal 11q deletion disorder.
2) Duplications: A portion of the chromosome is duplicated, resulting in extra genetic material. Known human disorders include Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 1A which may be caused by duplication of the gene encoding peripheral myelin protein 22 (PMP22) on chromosome 17.
3) Translocations: When a portion of one chromosome is transferred to another chromosome. There are two main types of translocations. In a reciprocal translocation, segments from two different chromosomes have been exchanged. In a Robertsonian translocation, an entire chromosome has attached to another at the Centromere – in humans these only occur with chromosomes 13, 14, 15, 21 and 22.
4) Inversions: A portion of the chromosome has broken off, turned upside down and reattached, therefore the genetic material is inverted.
5) Rings: A portion of a chromosome has broken off and formed a circle or ring. This can happen with or without loss of genetic material.
6) Isochromosome: Formed by the mirror image copy of a chromosome segment including the centromere.
Chromosome instability syndromes are a group of disorders characterized by chromosomal instability and breakage. They often lead to an increased tendency to develop certain types of malignancies.
Reference: Wikipedia (link).
So basically there is not even one good example of changing Chromosome numbers. So the claim about Chromosome #2 is just a bunch of evolutionists desperate to prove a theory.