Why is all this important? If we apply what we observe on earth concerning how time passes without taking into factor that everything is in motion and they do not all move at the same speed. Most every object has gravity, and that gravity is not the same. Then we really do not understand how the universe works, or we choose to be ignorant, or because of our arrogance. We have chosen not to admit we were wrong about everything which includes: Time, age dating, and evolution.
Here are just a few examples (going into more detail).
1) The orbital speed of the earth going around the sun is: 108,000 km/h, ~70,000 mph.
2) The sun and the whole solar system that contains all of the planets moves with the spiral arm of the Galaxy we exist in at: 720,000 km/h, 450,000 mph.
3) The Milky Way Galaxy in which we live in one of it’s spiral arms, the whole moves through the universe at: 1.3 million miles per hour (2.1 million km/hr)!
4) The rotation speed of our planet is around 1,000 mph.
1) Gravity of out planet itself.
2) Gravity of our moon.
3) Gravity of our sun.
4) Gravity of our galaxy.
The bottom line is, you take away the ability for Evolutionist to use the excuse of millions and billions of years and the whole theory falls apart.